Information on Fees and Registration can be found here. Registration for this class opens on July 16, 2018, and is capped at 10 students.
This 32-week class will provide a complete English course including writing, grammar, literature, and spelling. Grammar studies will focus on sentence and paragraph structure, creative expression, and persuasive writing while challenging students to honor God in their use of language. Literature will include assigned books and student selections, along with a section focused on poetry.
Grammar and Composition-Level 1 students should have a basic knowledge of
- major parts of speech such as nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs
- major punctuation rules such as capitalization and use of end mark
- topic and support in paragraphs
- 1-inch three-ring binder with four dividers labeled Spelling, Essays, Creative Writing and Literature
- computer or tablet with internet access, a word processor (or access to Google Docs online) and the Educreation app (available for free)
- index cards
- access to a library
- Composition Volume 1- Invention and Persuasion (available here from Veritas Press)
- Literature books -TBA
Schedule – coming soon
Grammar and Composition-Level 1 will be offered online with biweekly in-class sessions. Freshmen receiving high-school credit for this course must complete 4 hours of coursework per week.
- Short story
- Persuasive essay
- Reading Responses
- Book Reports